Today we took a trip to Treia, about 20 minutes from Macerata. Kim took this picture. I hope you can tell the steepness of the streets inside the town - it's the tippy-top of the hill (Kim says mountain).

The town is like many other hill towns in this part of Italy. It has walls to protect itself from
attack, and the narrow streets inside the walls were never intended to handle cars.

This door is actually to an apartment built inside the city walls. How would you like to have to walk up those steps after a long day? (Kim is at street level shooting this picture)
The town is only about a sixth the size of Macerata (maybe less), but we all decided it seemed in better condition - almost as if the restoration work was completed rather than in process.
Of course the best thing about the town isn't found inside the walls at all, but is the view of the countryside. Here's a pan Kim took from the city wall in the town square.

I'd love to be a photography professor and just bring students to this town and give them about 4 hours to come back with series of photos (not too many) that tell a story. Every time you turn your head there's another "photo opportunity" in this town.
I'll close the look at Treia with a photo from the web, http://www.pubblicitaitalia.com/cgi-bin/Epi/getp.cgi%3Ftabella%3DImmaginiArticoli%26campo%3DImg%26id%3D4093&imgrefurl=http://www.pubblicitaitalia.com/cocoon/pubit/riviste/articolo.html%3FidArticolo%3D5976%26Testata%3D2&h=324&w=482&sz=73&hl=en&start=14&tbnid=epeMWfJO7RPokM:&tbnh=87&tbnw=129&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dtreia%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG
It Provides a perspective that we weren't able to get from below.
A few days ago I posted about gates/doors to residences. I took a picture today to demonstrate a gated house with a bell at the gate so you can ask to be buzzed into the property.

This is a private residence (sorry it's not so clear) with a locked gate and buzzer/intercom located camera left of the gate.
No comments:
Post a Comment