Bye, Bye Macerata.
I can't sleep so I thought I'd just post a brief message.
As we get ready to leave I get nostalgic. After two trips here, each for several months, it definitely has a feeling of home. No, it doesn't replace my US home, but there is no doubt that each time we went on an excursion or visited some place, it felt like we were coming home each time we returned.

All this last week I've been thinking "this is the last Friday in Macerata....this is the last Saturday..." Of course it's possible we'll return, but it is also possible we may not. Only God knows, and he's not telling.
The agenda for the remainder of our stay is this: Filiberto will take us to the train station in Civitanova in a couple of hours. That will save us the trouble of trying to change trains with our luggage, as we will be able to take the train all the way to Venice - Mestre. We spend one night there. Kim wants to run into Venice, even if just briefly, to see it again. She's been before, but not this trip, and it's high on her list of favorites.
We will meet up with our friends Martin and Mary Catherine there. The next day (Friday), it's off to Slovenia for 3 days. We want to show our friends a little bit of the country and see a few old friends. I know it won't be enough time but it's better than nothing. Not sure what, if any, posts I'll have between now and our return to Indiana on the 15th.
No comments:
Post a Comment